/

Friday 3 November 2017

MISSING CHIILD



Has anyone seen my pearl?

She is bright, promising, young and fair.

I sent her on an errand and she is yet to be back.

She left not so long, has anyone seen her?



She is nine years old, and will soon be ten.

I have had the yams ready because she will be by ten.

Friends are on their way, her father as well.

Her brothers are coming home with them beautiful gifts.



Please help me, someone please help!

Help me look for her she couldn't have gone that far.

O! Ye! Egbami, I’m doomed!

What will I tell her father now, e so fun mi.



It took us five years to give birth to her.

A lot of efforts to raise her to be a girl.

And now like the wind I simply can't find her.

Like sense in the skull of a fool my child has gone missing.



Let me alone, let me go and die.

Or what reason do I have to live?

Dead or alive, I don't know which is which.

Give me the rope let me just hang myself.
  


My child is missing, and here I am still breathing.


Originally Written by Olusanya Olaleye


No comments: